Friday 17 June 2011

After Training

As with after work beer, we have after aikido beer. At least on some days and today was one of those great days. So after a couple of hours training we decide to go to a local bar. I was the only foreigner as usual. I love these evenings when everyone get together to enjoy food and good company. This time we went to a place that served meat. We had so much meat that we almost did not finish it. I think all of it was chicken in different forms. "Hambagu" was what I would call a small meat ball made from chicken. We had a lot of different meat from chicken on a stick that had been in the barbecue or at least on the coal. This time we also had some nice strong chili with the dish. We had the single chili in powder form and another in more fresh form. Like crushed green chili with a bit of lemon or at least some kind of citrus taste to it. This was just great. "Oyshi katta" - "It was delicious!". I can also tell you that we had no rice at all. Finally I was able to pay a little of the bill too.

Did I tell you about the time I tried some curry here? They have grades of how spicy you want it. I chose five on a scale of up to ten and it was super hot, just the way I like it. Looking forward to getting more taste of Japanese food in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment