Thursday 9 June 2011

Children's class

Today I was a bit early at the Fukuoka Dojo and thus joined in on the children's class. This was just so fun. The kids from like 3 years and up was really great and they had great fun doing some of the aikido techniques. They seem to get their coordination trained really well by doing different fun movements and they had to time it as the stick went from side to side or up and down. They could choose if they ran under it or jumped over it, but they had to time it right or else the did not get passed the stick. For some it took some time, but they all got to the other side in the end. And after the children's class we had a very nice normal class and I was very lucky to get to work on my kokyu ho. Several of the attendees knew enough English to also verbally guide me if I did something very wrong. As I often do. I was so tired after this training that I had to stop on my way back to drink whatever I could find in the vending machine (Jidou hanbaiki).



Prices are about 150 yen for a coca-cola and little less for the juice.
After the bicycle ride that took about 45 minutes I went for dinner at my local restaurant and had a big meal of Karage.

No comments:

Post a Comment