Saturday 11 June 2011

Rainy Season

In Fukuoka the rainy season has started and it runs for about 6 weeks from June in to July. This is usually no problem if you have a rain coat and a little patience. I have neither. I had both my aikido gi's out on the balcony for drying. I think you already have guessed it. They are still very wet. The rain got in on the balcony even when it has a roof. So I have no time to get them dry before the aikido class this morning. Instead I'm sitting here writing on this blog post. Currently I started reading a good book by Wendy Palmer, The Intuitive Body: Discovering the Wisdom of Conscious Embodiment and Aikido. Yeah I know a very long title, but the book is quite good. She writes about being aware of your own environment and your body. To forgive yourselves the mistakes that you do in the spirit of being positive. Getting rid of the negativity surrounding mistakes must be a good thing if we are to progress in aikido.



Making myself some tea and sitting down in this weird chair with no legs to read some more. Enjoy your own day where ever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment